Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I've Been Working on Wednesday


This week I haven't been doing a whole lot of sewing, because i've been trying to get to all the housework that I neglected over the last month or so due to my craft shows. I did manage to make a few dryer balls, since most of it is done by hand, and it's a good in-front-of-the-tv craft (I can't watch tv without working on something). If you are interested in any of my dryer balls, they can be purchased here, or if you prefer to make them my explaination is here.

I also made 2 hats to test the new sewing machine...


Though I love my old Singer, i'm glad that my hat band seams will now look like this...


instead of this...


What have you been working on this past week? Feel free to brag about your latest project, or promote your shop on my Facebook page!

3 comments:

lildee said...

I've been admiring your wool dryer balls for awhile now. I made four dryer balls for myself once but used just skeins of yarn wrapped into balls and then felted them. They are functional, but not nearly as pretty as yours! On your dryer balls, do you sew the cover except for one seam, wrap the ball and then hand stitch the last seam closed? Thanks for sharing!

Resweater said...

Yep, that's exactly how I make them :)

Karen said...

Does your new sewing machine have a fancy setting for making that seam, or is it a method that you use? I want my seams to look like that!